Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the hardest changes our [[companyame1]] members experience, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and trends are constantly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on limiting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to work properly. Starving your body of essential nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet solo actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since beginning our 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have substantially changed over the years. We show our members how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to treat yourself every once in a while, it’s become normal in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t pay attention to calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to set your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” instead of “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to eat good fat as it gives our bodies needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get anywhere else.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food enters our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our total health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps ease muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help give you the feeling of being full faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend lots of money on fad diets, certain meals that tally points, recording calories or removing every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat everyday, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and boost your confidence and energy.
Find a location to find out more about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!